A few musings on the Boston Red Sox and AL East.
- If you ask me today, who wins the AL East, I pick the Rays (starting pitching – Alex Cobb comes back Thursday). Tell me Clay Buchholz makes meaningful starts in September, I go Red Sox.
- Alex Rodriguez is a cheater who deserves a lifetime ban (from what I have read). That said, I hope A-Rod beats the rap – and the Yankees have to pay every dime left on his contract.
- This infographic that lets you compare the salary and the number of hits for the 10 highest-paid hitters for every team is cool – check it out.
- Have to admit – Stephen Drew is growing on me. But ready for the Xander Bogaerts Era at shortstop next season.
- It is clear Toronto did not get the Red Sox memo from last year: money does not buy success.
- Over his last 13 games, Mike Napoli is 6-for-45 (.133) with only one extra-base hit and three RBI. Got to think Boston is scouring the waiver wire for a first baseman.
- Speaking of first, think the Red Sox will zero in on the latest Cuban defector – 1B Jose Abreu. But expect a lot of competition.
What are you thinking?